Grooming your dog is very important to his hygiene. Grooming your dog involves bathing, combing, drying, and cutting the coat. Proper drying is an important to make sure the coat looks its best. Even with a good haircut, the coat can still look messy if not properly dried.
1. Begin at the neck and brush or comb the dog’s coat as you move along toward the back of the dog. Brush according to the hair growth.
2. If the dog’s fur grows down, brush and hold the dryer downward.
3. If the dog’s coat is short and stands straight up, brush upward and dry the same way.
4. Dry the sides, legs and rear of the dog in that order. It is not unsafe to use the dryer on the dog’s face, but your dog may not like it.
5. Use more towels if the dryer seems to be a problem for the dog on his face.
6. Dry his ears last. Try to avoid blowing air into the ear canal by using the dryer on top of the ears blowing down. Cup your other hand around his ears as an extra precaution against air blowing in his ears.